The contract to the Grade II* church of St Peter’s Church, Kineton, Warwickshire is underway and will continue through to the spring of 2015. The tower dates from the 13th century, with amendments in the 14th and 15th centuries. The west doorway is a very fine example of the Early English period, with four sets of mouldings radiating from the pointed-arched door. The top of the tower has a fine pierced parapet and crocketed pinnacles of the 15th century. The rest of the church was rebuilt in 1873-89 in the perpendicular style and the use of similar pinnacles to those on the tower could easily be mistaken for medieval. The walls of the church are built of the local ironstone
The project comprises extensive repairs and replacement to the stonework on all elevations as well as a comprehensive overhaul of the rainwater disposal system.
Replacement stones were carved in our Somerset workshop before being transported to Kineton.